In life, it’s not where you go, it’s who you travel with.
At John Horsfall we are committed to sustainable, environmentally conscious business and manufacturing practices to lessen our impact on the natural world.
Boldness and creative thinking are woven into everything that we do and that includes our pledge to you and the environment.
Improve & Invest
We aim to continually improve and invest in sustainability across all areas of our business; both in terms of the products we produce & supply, but also in our own procurement choices.
- Continually increasing the number of sustainable fabrics & products we can offer.
- Invest in R&D of environmentally sustainable fabrics, products and manufacturing methods.
- Use products and services which have a lesser impact on the natural environment; either in their production, use or disposal.
- Use less plastic packaging; encourage clients to use rotable, recycled, compostable or recyclable materials where packaging is needed.
Measure & Monitor
We document, measure and monitor our progress to ensure that our impact on the natural environment lessens with each year.
- Monitor sustainable procurement of goods and services and document our progress in our formal business KPI, part of our ISO9001 Quality Management programme.
- Work towards carbon offset options in partnership with our logistics providers.
- Continue making environmental impact and life-cycle analysis an important step in our product development process.
- Regularly review packaging specs’ to ensure optimum pallet/container filling efficiencies, decreasing fossil fuel consumption.
Share & support
We share our knowledge with clients to support their understanding and choice of sustainable textiles, manufacturing methods, packaging and logistics.
- Encourage clients to take a broad and holistic approach to sustainability and help them to promote their sustainable choices to their passengers.
- Advise and support our airline partners on recycling, reusing or repurposing end-of-life textiles.
- Partner with factories who are accredited, for commitment to sustainable manufacturing and environmentally sound practices e.g SEDEX 4 Pillar, ISO 14001, Oeko-tex STEP, Higg Index etc.
We all benefit
We all need encouragement to take a broad and holistic approach to sustainability and the support to make and promote sustainable choices.
By recognising the risks posed to our own business and mitigating against them with considered, sustainable practices we aim to drive change within the airline textile industry to the benefit of us all.
Connection. Community. Creativity